Bone broth is wonderful on its own or in soup. I just made this amazing Italian lentil soup using my Bone Broth You Can Make While You Sleep recipe. This easy soup is delicious, warming, filling and nourishing and I'm excited to share it with you.
Lentils are a excellent source of dietary fiber and a nutritional powerhouse of iron, calcium and Vitamin C. What's more, lentil's nutritional uptake skyrockets when made with my delicious bone broth recipe.
Lentils make the perfect dinner on a cold night and they freeze well if you wish to save the leftovers. Here's how to make your own delicious Bone Broth Italian Lentil Soup. Buon Appetito!
- Bone Broth (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 package organic lentils, rinsed
- 3-4 organic carrots diced
- 3 stalks organic celery chopped
- 1 small organic onion small dice
- 1 clove garlic
- Cold pressed organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh organic tomato sauce
- Optional: Organic dried picante pepper (the one pictured is dried, from this summer's garden)
- Pink himalayan salt to taste
In a sauce pot caramelize onion on a low flame in olive oil with one dried pepper for added heat, if desired. Once the onions are a golden brown and sweet, add the celery, carrots and garlic clove. Sauté for three-five minutes. Add the lentils and the broth. Cook on a low flame for thirty minutes or until the carrots and celery are tender. Season with pink himalayan salt for added minerals. Enjoy!