Beans are a lucky food! They are one of the foods that are believed to bring good fortune in the New Year! Here's a little bean dish I learned in Italy ... It's also the base for a delicious comfort food favorite - pasta fagioli, and it takes minutes to make! Health ... here you come! Here's how it's done.
- 8-10 organic cherry tomatoes (whole)
- 1 carton Organic cannellini beans ( Whole foods has these)
- Organic cold-pressed imported olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (whole)
- 1 pound organic pasta of your choice. (optional)
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
In a cast iron pan on low heat, heat the garlic in a generous amount of good olive oil. Add the whole tomatoes, then cover until soft. Add cannellini beans with juice. Season with salt. Cover for two more minutes until heated, drizzle with cold-pressed olive oil again, and serve as a side dish or over pasta.