- Provides the most remarkable concentration of nutrients known in any food, plant, grain, or herb.
- Offers a great whole-food alternative to isolated vitamins and minerals.
- Contains vegetable protein, beta-carotene, vitamin B12, iron, trace minerals, and GLA.
- Also contains all essential amino acids.
- Provides tablets, each of which contains 500 mg of spirulina.
Spirulina: A Rich Source of Nutrients
Spirulina is one of the richest food sources known to man. It is 65 percent protein by composition and contains the B vitamins, beta-carotene, gamma linoleic acid (GLA), iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, zinc, and bioflavonoids. Spirulina is considered a complete protein since it contains all the essential amino acids.
Spirulina is actually a blue-green algae commonly found in ponds and lakes. It has been a valuable food source for Mexicans, Asians, and Africans for thousands of years. The World Health Organization used it to feed malnourished children in India.
Besides being a good food source, spirulina has been shown to be beneficial to your health. For example, it is high in gamma linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid the body uses to produce anti-inflammatory agents.
Label Information and Ingredients: Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) tablet, six (6) times daily with meals, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.